Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July News! Post #2


Greetings, Visitor!
Today I have not much news for you unfortunately. I have made a great progress, even greater than before but there are some changes so I have to remake my engine because it's not optimized enough so the system requirements are very high(see June News! Post #2), some codes are broken and so on. I played some games recently("Aquaria", "Braid", "Spine World", "The Underside on TIG Source" , "Scary Girl") and noticed that all games are highly detailed but very stabil. I understood that I've made a lot of mistakes in my engine.
So I decided to release a small tech demo without any plot closer to October. Why October? First of all, it's second half July and I've got some shows on August in Sochi city (I spend my time on rehearsals last weeks), I have loads of work(my recording studio also takes much time), then I'll leave for Moscow for a while. When I arrive at home, I'll finish the demo and post it here, in my Metroid: The X-Child Blog. After that I'm going to rewrite the whole code and redo all the graphics but that'll be another story.
Visitor, I need your support - spread a word about this game or become a follower, that will really warm my heart up and give some new strength to work on the engine!
Cheers Visitor and see you on "August News"! :)

15 comments:

  1. Carry on, man! I know you can do it! I know it's very hard to rewrite engine from scratch but you're tough enough to finish this game! Good luck on concert! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so we can finally play the demo on October! Can't really wait for this! Have a nice show! Greets to Russia!
    Stefen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'll be great, bro. I was bored, so I built up a sprite of the character of yours xP I'll post it later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, man! Will be great pleasure to see it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. But: you can also send it to my email so I can place it in "August News!" post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weeee, the game's gonna be awesome I know! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah, you're pretty fast - 10 months for a game, nice work, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waiting for the site update, it looks very col but needs some updates! Cheers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds promising bot :) carry on dude i'm with ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will we be able to see it at Nintendo Community Fangame Convention (http://www.nintendocfc.com/)?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, if it all goes well... I'll try my best to finish this game in time and show it there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'm also there! I recommend you go there - lot's of people are going to show their games there! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Keep going Android, you're doing very well as I see.

    ReplyDelete